The Metasploit Framework is one of the most widely utilized exploitation tools used by penetration testers and security researchers. For anyone looking to get started with a career in cybersecurity and penetration testing, the ability to use the Metasploit framework to conduct penetration tests and security audits is an essential skill to master on your path to becoming a competent penetration tester. This bootcamp will introduce you to the Metasploit framework and will teach you how to utilize the framework for penetration testing. You will learn how to perform information gathering and enumeration with the Metasploit framework and how to identify vulnerabilities on target systems. We will also cover the process of exploiting Windows and Linux systems with the Metasploit framework and the fundamentals of using Meterpreter. Lastly, you will learn how to perform various post exploitation techniques like privilege escalation, establishing persistence and dumping credentials. All of the labs in this bootcamp will involve the use of several vulnerable virtual machines that can be downloaded as well as labs from the Attack Defense lab environment.
The Metasploit Framework
November 17th - 19th, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
Premium & Business Subscribers Get Unlimited Access to All Bootcamps or They Can Be Purchased Separately.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Alexis is an experienced penetration tester with over 7-years of experience in Penetration Testing and Information Security. He is well-versed in attacking and securing enterprise networks, Linux servers, cloud infrastructure and more.
Alexis started off his career in IT as a Linux systems administrator where he was responsible for setting up, maintaining, and securing enterprise servers, this ultimately led him to into a career in cybersecurity as a penetration tester for a cybersecurity firm. In 2017 he founded his own cybersecurity company, HackerSploit, providing offensive security services and cybersecurity training to small and medium sized companies.
In the cybersecurity world, Alexis is better known as HackerSploit. That is his platform as a content creator on YouTube. His channel has a massive audience of over 600,000 subscribers! Alexis, as HackerSploit, delivers free training content related to pentesting, info-sec, Linux, and malware analysis.
Certifications: CEH, Security+, OSCP, ISO27001 Information Security Associate
DAY 1: 1 PM - 4 PM EDT
- Introduction to the Metasploit framework
- Metasploit framework architecture and structure
- Installing & configuring the Metasploit framework
- Metasploit framework database
- Metasploit framework console (msfconsole) fundamentals
- Port scanning with Nmap
- Importing Nmap scans into Metasploit
- Break (30 min)
- Metasploit auxiliary modules
- Service enumeration with Metasploit
- Vulnerability scanning with Nessus
DAY 2: 1 PM - 4 PM EDT
- Overview of Windows exploitation
- Generating Windows payloads with msfvenom
- Exploiting Windows systems with the Metasploit framework
- Meterpreter fundamentals
- Metasploit post exploitation modules
- Windows privilege escalation techniques
- Establishing persistence on Windows systems
- Break (30 min)
- Dumping hashes and credentials from memory
- Clearing Windows Event Logs
DAY 3: 1 PM - 4 PM EDT
- Overview of Linux exploitation
- Generating Linux payloads with msfvenom
- Exploiting Linux systems with the Metasploit framework
- Linux privilege escalation techniques
- Establishing persistence on Linux systems
- Closing Remarks & Recommendations