Microsoft Azure is one of the leading Cloud services providers in the world and a critical component of the IT portfolio for many companies, governments, and organizations. As cloud connectivity continues to dominate the use of technology, Microsoft Azure sets the standard.
Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification
What is the Microsoft azure administrator certification
Understanding how to administer cloud-based resources in Azure is an increasingly critical skill for infrastructure administrators. The Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator certification validates your proficiency in the day to day skills required for Azure administration.
Azure Administrators implement, monitor, and oversee Microsoft Azure solutions. Their responsibilities include important services related to compute, storage, network, and security.
Earning your Azure Administrator Certification demonstrates your knowledge and capabilities regarding many critical skills, such as storage management, virtual machine deployment, and more.
Is the MICROSOFT AZURE ADMINISTRATOR CERTIFICATION Right for You?
The Azure Administrator Certification is ideal for those who manage cloud services that cover storage, security, networking, and compute cloud capabilities. Candidates may also already be Azure Administrators and have an in-depth understanding of each service within the IT lifecycle.
In their current positions, candidates may take requests for infrastructure services, applications, and environments, as well as make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale. They may also provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources when necessary.
What Can the MICROSOFT AZURE ADMINISTRATOR CERTIFICATION do for Your Career?
With 38% of IT positions being cloud related by 2021 and 86% of IT professionals recommending certification to anyone seeking a career or advancement in IT, it’s no surprise that becoming a Certified Microsoft Azure Administrator is a reliable step in the right direction.
Professionals who earn their certification report seeing a 15% salary increase as a result. The average national salary for an Azure Cloud Administrator is $105k.
50% of Azure professionals are promoted within the first six months of becoming certified, demonstrating the trust employers place in their certified employees.
How Do You Achieve Your Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification?
The AZ-103 Exam will be retired on June 20, 2020. The new AZ-104 Exam, which will also provide those who pass the Azure Administrator Associate Certification, will go live on March 31, 2020.
Both Azure AD Connect and Application security groups topics will be removed from the AZ-104 Exam.
Candidates can choose to take either exam until the AZ-103 Exam is retired.
AZ-104 Exam - changes being made
There are very few changes being made to the Azure Administrator exam. Both Azure AD Connect and Application security groups topics will be removed from the AZ-104 Exam. The new objectives that will be added to the AZ-104 Exam include:
- Interpreting access assignments (related to RBAC)
- Copying data by using AZCopy
- Deploying and configuring Azure Firewall
- Deploying and configuring Azure Bastion Service
- Configuring Azure Virtual WAN
- Configuring Application insights
- Performing site-to-site recovery by using Azure Site Recovery (more detailed than AZ-103)
- Managing device settings (more detailed than AZ-103)
Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks (30-35%)
- Creating connectivity between virtual networks
- Implementing and managing virtual networking
- Configuring name resolution
- Creating and configuring a Network Security Group
- Implementing Azure load balancer
- Monitoring and troubleshooting virtual networking
- Integrating on-premises network with Azure virtual network
Deploying and Managing Virtual Machines (15-20%)
- Creating and configuring a VM for Windows and Linux
- Automating deployment of VMs
- Managing Azure VM
- Managing VM backups
Implementing and Managing Storage (15-20%)
- Creating and configuring storage accounts
- Importing and exporting data to Azure
- Configuring Azure files
- Implementing Azure backup
Managing Azure Subscriptions and Resources (15-20%)
- Analyzing resource utilization and consumption
- Managing resource groups
- Managing role based access control (RBAC)
Managing Azure Identities and Users (15-20%)
- Managing Azure AD objects
- Implementing and managing hybrid identities
- Implementing multi-factor authentication (MFA)
How to Develop a Reliable Study Strategy
You don’t have to. We’ve already taken care of that.
The Azure Administrator Associate Learning Path is designed to not only help infrastructure administrators achieve proficiency in Azure, but to also equip certification candidates with everything they need to pass their exam.
INE’s Microsoft Azure experts and professionals guide candidates through a wide range of topics, touching on everything required for the exam and more. The Azure Administrator Associate Learning Path will take users through many different services and technologies available in Azure, demonstrating the day-to-day administration and best practices around concepts such as security, performance, and cost management.
Engaging content paired with unique, hands-on exercises provides users with a complete training experience. Opportunities to apply newly-acquired skills to real-world scenarios ensures optimal preparation for both the exam and future projects. Every course is easily found and followed in the same location, allowing candidates to always know what comes next. Step by step, the Azure Administrator Associate Learning Path gets users to the finish line.
Want access to our entire library of 15,000+ videos?
Utilize all of INE’s content with a subscription to our library. Subscribers benefit from:
- Unlimited, on-demand streaming of every course in the INE library
- Hands-on exercises and quizzes
- Advanced Analytics to manage your progress
- Expert, in-depth instruction from leaders in the field
- Free live, online Webinars
- Mobile Apps for Android and iOS, to use on any device
- Exclusive promotions
- Affordable and flexible subscription plans
With the All Access Pass, you can create a training experience designed around your time, budget, and goals. INE will provide you with everything you need, every step of the way.